Chicken tikka masala and naan aren’t the only dishes served in Indian restaurants. Though this isn’t breaking news, it is shocking because both are Western Indian cuisine’s poster children. Two of the most prominent cuisines of Indian food are Northern Indian Cuisine and Southern Indian cuisine. Both have its share of followers, fusion dishes and haters alike.
Ask a foodie at heart and they will tell you how largely both cuisines add flavors and five stars to Indian cuisine while keeping their essence and originality intact. Thus, before we start talking about the best fine dine restaurant for northern indian food in florida, let’s explore the basic difference between the most sought after indian cuisines or as one would say arch rivals.
What you’ll find in the Northern Indian Cuisine:
Spices, frequent use of dairy products, the tandoor oven, tawa griddle, and wheat-based staples are all hallmarks of Northern Indian cuisine. While meat and fish are welcome in Northern cuisine, it is primarily a vegetarian community.
- Breads and curries are common dishes in the north. Many of the dishes served in Western restaurants are North Indian, such as naan bread, rotis, samosas, and curries like palak paneer (spinach and cheese) and aloo gobi (potato and cauliflower).
- Garam masala is the most commonly used spice mixture and powder.
- Ingredient with a sour taste: Sourness is a popular flavour in Indian cuisine. In curries, amchoor (dried mango powder) is used as a sour agent.
- Dried herb: Dried fenugreek leaves are used to flavour certain sauces in the north.
- Tea or chai is a common way to end a meal in the North.
What you’ll find in the Southern Indian cuisine:
Southern Indian cuisine includes spices and milk as well, but the preference for grain as a staple, the use of tamarind for its characteristic sour taste, and its sambar and rasam distinguishes it from Northern cuisine (thin, spicy broth).
- Important dishes: Rice, lentils, and stews are popular ingredients in South Indian cuisine. South Indian dishes include dosa (lentil and rice crepe), idli (steamed lentil rice cakes), saaru/rasam (tomato, tamarind, and lentil soup), and huli/sambar (spicy lentil and vegetable stew).
- Huli pudi (sambar powder) is a spice mixture and powder that is commonly used to season dishes.
- Tamarind is a sour ingredient used in stews.
- Dried curry leaves are used to spice some of the soups.
- A cup of hot coffee made with chicory would be the perfect way to end the meal.
Of course, this contrast of North and South Indian cooking barely scratches the surface of the country’s culinary diversity.There is always something new to learn when it comes to indian cuisine. And thus with countless establishments spread across this vast area, picking an Indian restaurant for your first taste or even your fiftieth is no easy task. From fiery curries to delectable vegetarian fare, there’s something for everyone.
This is exactly where we are here to help you! Saffron Indian Cuisine provides indian buffets with authentic Indian flavours near you. Saffron Indian Cuisine is a place where you can relive the true taste of India through your senses. Saffron’s management is easily able to serve the best of their offerings by providing the best in quality and sumptuousness thanks to their well-experienced and super-friendly team of chefs and waiters.
In addition to dine-in and online ordering, it also provides catering Orlando services to assist you with any celebrations or get-togethers. Saffron is the best restaurants in Orlando if you’re looking for an tandoori near me. You will receive the highest quality food that is healthy for your health and also has the flavour of India.
Restaurants best sellers :
- Chicken Tikka Masala : It’s a dish made of boneless chicken that’s been cut into smaller pieces and marinated in yoghurt with typical Indian spices like turmeric, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, chilli, garlic, and ginger.In a tandoor, a typical cylindrical clay oven, the meat is roasted over charcoal. The meat is repeatedly rubbed with oil or butter to keep it tender and juicy. Usually, tikka is cooked and served on sizzlers.
- Tandoori chicken : also known as tandoori murgh, is a common Indian dish whose name comes from the Persian word tannur, which means “fire.” The chicken meat is marinated in yoghurt, then seasoned with tandoori masala, nutmeg, and cumin before being skewered. It’s a one-of-a-kind dish because of how it’s made: traditionally, it’s cooked at high temperatures in cylindrical clay ovens known as tandoors, yielding succulent meat with a smoky flavour. According to historians, tandoor-cooked chicken dates back to the Mughal era, when it was only served as part of massive Indian feasts. The popularity of tandoori chicken spawned a slew of variations, including chicken tikka masala and butter chicken.
- Biryani : Biryani is a set of traditional Mughal dishes. Rice (ideally basmati), spices, a meat, egg, or vegetable base, and a variety of optional ingredients such as dried fruits, nuts, and yoghurt are the main ingredients in biryani. The dish is said to have been influenced by Mumtaz Mahal, Emperor Shah Jahan’s queen, in the 1600s. The word biryani comes from the Persian word birian, which means fried or roasted, and the dish was brought to India by merchants and immigrants from Persia.
About Saffron Indian Cuisine
Looking for authentic Indian cuisine for Orlando catering without the hassle of a long wait or a hefty bill at the end of your event? Saffron Indian Cuisine is the place to go if you’re looking for getting your special event catered or simply craving for Indian near me.
The talented team at Saffron favours North Indian cuisine, which includes tandoori chicken, pilaf, and goat dishes, among others. You’ll appreciate the restaurant’s long-established vibe and family-style dining approach even while planning and organising your event, which will surely make your event talk about the town.
The Saffron kitchen is known for incorporating traditional Indian seasonings and spices into dishes that you would not expect to find them in, making for a thrilling culinary adventure. The tandoori wings, shrimp chilli, spiced lamb chops with yoghurt, and stuffed naan dishes are all must-tries. All of this under one roof with online ordering, catering and dine options if a foodie’s paradise. Visit us to add a tale of extraordinary culinary adventure in your life.